Prince William ordered to go on Middle Eastern Royal tour by Foreign Office – without Kate

0

PRINCE WILLIAM will visit Kuwait and Oman in December at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) – and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, won’t be with him.

Kate won’t accompany Prince William on his four-day visit to Kuwait and Oman, Kensington Palace said. In a brief statement shared on Twitter, the palace announced the Duke of Cambridge’s next solo journey abroad.  

Kensington Palace wrote: “The Duke of Cambridge will undertake an official visit to Kuwait and Oman at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

“The visit will take place between Sunday 1st and Wednesday 4th December.

“Further details will be advised in due course.” 

Royal fans on social media were quick to express their sadness over the absence of Kate.  

One Twitter user wrote: “Ahhh wish the Duchess of Cambridge was going too!”

Nevertheless, news of a brief tour to the Middle Eastern countries has been welcomed by many royal fans on Twitter. 

One wrote: “Ohhh what a nice surprise!!!” 

Another said: “Hope they take care of our future King”.  

This tour will come after a busy month for the royals, with some of them travelling across the world in November. 

Prince Charles, as announced by Clarence House in late October, will spend his birthday without Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, in India, where he will spend two days, November 13 and 14. 

After his two-day visit, the Prince of Wales will head to New Zealand, where he will be joined by the Duchess of Cornwall for a visit lasting between November 17 and 23. 

Clarence House shared details of the tour earlier this month, saying: “Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will undertake an official visit to New Zealand between Sunday 17th and Saturday 23rd November at the invitation of the New Zealand Government.

“This will be Their Royal Highnesses third official joint tour to New Zealand.”  

Camilla, who is famously terrified of flying, will leave Prince Charles alone once again at the end of the tour to New Zealand on Saturday, November 23.   

The prince will return to the UK two days after her, after visiting Tuvalu and the Solomon Islands, where he will focus his attention on “environmental issues and how local communities are responding to climate change”, as explained by Clarence House. 

Prince William’s visit to the Middle East comes after he and Kate successfully undertook a five-day tour to Pakistan in October.  

That tour was also carried out at the request of the FCO, and has been seen by many commentators as a Brexit charm offensive. 

The visit to Pakistan, addresses by Kensington Palace as one of the “most complex” tour ever undertaken by the Cambridges, was an “undoubted success”, according to royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams. 

He told Express.co.uk: “The colourful auto-rickshaw in which they travelled to a reception in Islamabad, the meeting where William was reunited with Prime Minister Imran Khan, the former cricketer who had told him and his mother of his political ambitions in London in 1996 and some fun on the cricket pitch, all these were memorable touches.

“The excellence of the organisation was highlighted by impromptu arrangements when bad weather forced their flight to divert back to Lahore where they had spent the day.”

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply