Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to take long royal break after Remembrance Day service

0

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry are set to start their six-week break from royal duties after they attend Remembrance Say festivities throughout this week.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit The Field of Remembrance on November 7, as well as the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance on November 9, and the Remembrance Day Service on November 10. They are then expected to disappear from the public eye until Christmastime. During their time off, the royals are thought to be spending most of their time celebrating their first thanksgiving with son Archie in the US, which is Meghan’s home country.

A royal source told BAZAAR.com: “They plan to spend time as a family for their first break this year.”

They are thought to be taking a break following intense media security over the last few months.

They couple seemed strained as they gave emotional interviews during the making of their South African royal tour.

Meghan told ITV’s Tom Bradby she felt vulnerable while being targeted by tabloids when she was pregnant.

She said: “Any woman, especially when they’re pregnant, you’re really vulnerable.

“So, that was made really challenging

“And, then when you have a newborn, and especially as a woman, it’s a lot.

“So, you add this on top of just trying to be a new mom or trying to be a newlywed.”

The Duchess of Sussex will make her first visit to Westminster Abbey’s Field of Remembrance with her husband Harry ahead of the national Remembrance Sunday ceremony.

Harry and Meghan will view the plots of tiny crosses erected by regiments, military units and other organisations associated with the First World War and other conflicts on Thursday.

The couple will be joined by Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall who is patron of The Poppy Factory in south-west London where remembrance poppies are made.

The week will see members of the monarchy attend a series of events commemorating those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

The Queen and senior royals will gather to pay their respects.

Her Majesty will view the service from the balcony of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office building and a wreath will be laid on her behalf by the Prince of Wales.

An equerry will lay a wreath on behalf of the Duke of Edinburgh, who has retired from public duties.

The service at the Cenotaph will also be attended by the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Sussexes, Duke of York, Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence.

On Saturday the Queen and all the senior royals will attend the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall.

The Queen, who is patron of the Royal British Legion, will visit the Royal British Legion Industries’ Village in Aylesford on Wednesday, which provides accommodation and welfare support to veterans and the wider Armed Forces community.

Meghan was last seen in public donning an apron as she helped celebrate the opening of a bakery for vulnerable women in Camden, north London.

Meghan visited the Luminary Bakery, which is a social enterprise that trains women who have been victims of violence and sex trafficking.

A video posted on the SussexRoyal Instagram account showed the Duchess cutting into a cake inside the new store and speaking with staff.

The Telegraph reported how Meghan comforted one crying woman, called Tanya, who had been stabbed by her violent ex-partner in 2016.

The duchess said: “We get into this habit of wanting things done immediately nowadays.

“There’s a culture of instant gratification, of the instant fix. But we aren’t mechanical objects that need to be fixed.

“You’re a wounded creature that needs to be healed, and that takes time.

“And that is what I love about this place. It gives you the support to heal.”

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply