Conor McGregor receives ultimatum from Jorge Masvidal after three-piece-and-a-soda callout

0

Conor McGregor expressed his interest in fighting the BMF titleholder a few hours after UFC 244.

Conor McGregor coach sheds light on UFC return negotiations

McGregor vs Khabib RECAP: Conor McGregor ATTACKED by Khabib friends

Jorge Masvidal has told Conor McGregor to put up or shut up about fighting him following the Irishman’s latest declaration on Twitter.

A few hours removed from Masvidal’s UFC 244 victory over Nate Diaz, which saw him claim the BMF title in front of a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden, McGregor revealed his eagerness to face the Cuban-American.

On Sunday evening, McGregor tweeted: “Hey @BurgerKing, could I get a 3 piece with soda and a side of chicken box please? Loads of salt and vinegar. Thanks.”

McGregor’s use of the phrase ‘three-piece with the soda’ was in reference to what Masvidal said after his backstage scrap with Leon Edwards at UFC Fight Night 147 in London in March.

Conor McGregor coach sheds light on UFC return negotiations

In the build-up to UFC 244, Masvidal revealed he was open to facing McGregor next year, provided the Dubliner got back in the win column.

And he reiterated that openness during an appearance on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on ESPN, in which he sent both the UFC and ‘The Notorious’ and ultimatum over the fight.

He said: “Throw some numbers my way. If you want to get your a** kicked in April, I’m here. If not, stop talking.”

Masvidal, 34, was quizzed about a potential showdown with McGregor during the UFC 244 post-fight press conference and didn’t hold back when giving his thoughts on a clash with the superstar.

“You know what the f*** I’ll do to that little dude, I’ll f*** that little guy up,” he said. “He’s a f****** midget!

“Dana White, President of this mother f****** company, said that I’m too much of a man for him.

“I get it why people want to see him hurt for the stunts he’s been pulling. But he don’t want this s***, he’s just talking so he can get his name out there.

“You see he punches old people in the face because those are fights he could win.”

McGregor, 31, hasn’t fought since losing his UFC 229 grudge match with Khabib Nurmagomedov last October.

The former two-division world champion is seemingly on course to return to the Octagon at UFC 246, which will take place in Las Vegas on January 18.

Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone is understood to be the front-runner to welcome the SBG Ireland star back to the cage, though that notion was recently dismissed by UFC president Dana White.

McGregor’s manager Audie Attar is confident a deal for his client to return to the promotion will soon be finalised and an announcement will be made in the coming weeks.

Earlier this week, the Paradigm Sports Management chief told Helwani: “We had very productive talks this weekend with the UFC.

I know Conor has announced a date, and in terms of discussions we have agreed on that date and we have agreed on that opponent.

“We’re not going to reveal anything tonight but a deal is imminent, I don’t see anything getting in the way barring some unforeseen circumstances.

“Both parties want to get it done, it’s in the best interests of everyone involved and more importantly the fans are really excited to see him back.”

McGregor vs Khabib RECAP: Conor McGregor ATTACKED by Khabib friends

If you want to get your a** kicked in April, I’m here. If not, stop talking

Conor McGregor coach sheds light on UFC return negotiations

McGregor vs Khabib RECAP: Conor McGregor ATTACKED by Khabib friends

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply