MANCHESTER UNITED are growing irritated in their pursuits of Nicolas Pepe and Bruno Fernandes, according to reports.
United have not made an official approach for Fernandes, who has been linked as a potential replacement for Paul Pogba.
While Pepe had an outstanding season for Lille last year and has been linked with Liverpool and previously Arsenal too.
But United have not even entered discussions with the Ligue 1 club over the Ivorian winger.
And they are becoming annoyed with the amount of noise generated by the Portuguese media with regard to the duo.
Red Devils sources believe Sporting are using United to try and whip up an auction for Fernandes.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted Manchester United are working on more signings ahead of the upcoming season.
Daniel James arrived from Swansea and Aaron Wan-Bissaka was recruited from Crystal Palace for £50m.
“I’m very happy with the two players we’ve brought in, but now we’ve got to be patient,” Solskjaer said.
“We can’t just jump onto a different path if we hit a hurdle. My feelings are that I am not frustrated at all.
“I believe in these players. I’m sure we could do well but it’s both short-term and long-term.
“We’re working on something we’ve identified that could improve us, but we’ve played well, performed well, had some good results so far.”
While the Mirror claim United have no interest in either Pepe or Fernandes, Lille chief Gerard Lopez said on Tuesday that their star man’s exit from the club was nearly done.
“In terms of departures and arrivals, if a player leaves, we will go and get what we need,” he said.
“For Nico, it is almost done and he could have left last summer.
“It is true that there are big offers and big clubs in for him, so I think [he will leave].
“Aside from that, you never know in football.”