The Overcast podcast app has been updated with several new features including Smart Resume, Auto-Delete, support for password protected podcasts, and more.
A powerful yet simple audio podcast player, with features such as Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smarter Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.
– Download podcasts for playing anytime, even when offline.
– Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get recommendations from Twitter.
– Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
– Receive optional push notifications when new episodes arrive.
– Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
– Download podcasts over cellular, set a sleep timer, or use Voice Boost to enhance and normalize speech volume.
– Adjust playback speed, and use Smart Speed to pick up extra speed without distorting the conversation.
– 3D Touch support
– Rich notifications
– Apple Watch app
– CarPlay support
What’s New In This Version:
– New option to auto-delete episodes 24 hours after completion
– Password-protected podcasts are now supported (in the Add URL screen)
– New Smart Resume feature: Jumps back by up to a few seconds after having been paused to help remind you of the conversation, and slightly adjusts seeks to fall between spoken words when possible. (Option in Nitpicky Details)
– Fixed bugs related to glitchy audio, stalled playback, failed downloads, and disappearing play controls
– Extremely large playlists now only show the most/least-recent 500 episodes to improve app performance for users with very high subscription counts
– Rotation support is now iPad-only; iPhone rotation has proven too costly to maintain for its extremely low usage. My apologies to the few people who did use it.
You can download Overcast from the App Store for free.